Quie Bian

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Relationship between blood and zang organs #214
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    In controlling blood, I would say the heart and lungs have the most significant roles but all are important in their own way

    in reply to: Do you do Qigong? What are its benefits? #205
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    Yes I do practise.

    For me the benefits have been subtle but life-changing which is a strange combo I must say.
    – My mental discipline has improved which is given me a completely different foundation in approaching my life. Now I tend to do more things I want to do, than my body or emotions want to do.
    – I am happier for longer periods of the day. No matter how tough things get, I know after I do chigong I will be fine. It brings you back to reality as you get too caught up in life.
    – It feels awesome

    Suffice to say there are physical benefits for me too such as fitness, deeper sleep, prevention of ailments but I note the most significant and important ones to me first.

    in reply to: Green tea extracts and brain power #172
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    I’ve been drinking green tea for a few years but I’m still as forgetful as ever 🙁
    Come to think of it, what organs/meridians are actually associated with brain power and memory? What does weak memory usually mean

    in reply to: Share your experience #144
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    I’ve been studying and practising acupuncture and herbology for 3 years now. I also actually graduated with an accounting degree but changed course slightly.
    I treat part-time alongside with my main office job but I hope to eventually make a living solely from treatments.

    I’ve read a bit about UK politics, I am sure your health system is still better than ours in the US. Doesn’t the NHS have an alternative medicine section or anything?

    in reply to: What is the best diet? #129
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    @sultan, I swear it would also give your pancreas one hell of a ride…
    I try to stick to a balanced (but more meat protein based) diet where I minimise grains as much I can, I feel this is necessary because of my training. Couldn’t imagine being 100% vegi.

    in reply to: Chigong, Taichi, yoga – which one? #118
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    Sultan, thats really strange, I’ve also seen his videos before, i think they are very powerful too! I mean some of the ones where he even connects with the online viewers is really cool.

    He does not come to my country 🙁

    in reply to: Anything for helping stop Acne? #81
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    My local acupuncturist gave me Pi Fu Bing Xue Du Wan (quite a mouthful i know).
    I am not sure what was in that or what exactly it is for, maybe someone here can enlighten me, but it seemed to work for as long as I was using it.
    It didn’t last long and was fairly expensive.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)