Quie Bian

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Quie Bian
    Participant

    tried both at different times for 3 months, they didn’t work for me at all.

    i also would recommend the hair growth regimen suggested by the above comment with Taoist soap, collagen etc. I have only done it for 1 month so far, and can already see results. my hair doesnt fall out as easily anymore either, even when brushing would fall out easily, and would amount to over 300 hairs a day or even more.

    now i don’t have that at all, and can see this will help.

    i think vegamour and nutrafol are just commercialized ways to take advantage of people going through hair thinning problems and not actually a solution.

    in reply to: Differentiating between pulses #1243
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    Building sensitivity through meditation and practice is all part of pulse diagnosis. You can eventually start distinguishing better.

    in reply to: How can the average person read the status of their meridians? #534
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    @wanderingcrane – sure. tracing with a light touch can help you locate the point more accurately but I think using that to do the same as pressing very firmly assumes too much of the persons level. I can imagine people who constantly work with energy may do that but i feel its a more thorough way, and everyone can do it.

    Yep to start of with thats what i mean. So you learn the excess/deficiency, then one system deeper than that (5elements) and like that you begin to have a better understanding of where you might be going wrong.

    Oh thats cool, I would have thought that I’d heard of it at least. Yeah I agree with you there.

    in reply to: dangers of vegetarian diet? #533
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    @amy93, maybe grind up some red meat and mix into her food 😛

    But no really, I dont know which vege foods can help the red blood cell count, but if she is open to moxa then thats a reliable option.

    in reply to: How can the average person read the status of their meridians? #517
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    Hey,
    Yes at a basic level, simply feeling along your meridians (or any part of your body) and noticing pain/tenderness/hardness is a sign of blockages. If you feel such sensations then press them really hard and continue to massage it out until it improves.

    But there is no method I know of that comes close to the detail provided by pulse and as precisely as it can give the past, present and future states of the organs and the interactions between.

    If you are interested, a good starting point may just even be the non-pulse diagnostic tools. Having a basic understanding of acupuncture (i.e organ function, 5 element etc) can tell you a lot as to what’s going on with yourself, especially if you are already perceptive.

    I’ve never heard of gas discharge visualtion, what exactly is that?

    in reply to: Chronic Fatigue #451
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    I found in my experience, that chronic fatigue has been largely due to improper rest and diet. By rest I mean both sleep and restfulness during the day.

    Firstly I was unaware that I hardly slept through the night, both the quality and duration of sleep were bad. And second, during the day I’d also exhaust myself without realising just trying to complete the day’s tasks.
    After moxa on certain points, I slept deeper and uninterrupted and woke up feeling more rested.

    Going overboard on sugars also tired me out, so controlling those definitely helped.

    And lastly, meditation definitely helped. Since I started doing Kriya yoga I don’t feel the need sleep during the day at all. I’m sure other types of meditation will have a similar effect.

    in reply to: Crunching/grinding teeth during sleep #450
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    I see, I’ll be doing moxa on CV4 so that should help too
    thanks

    Quie Bian
    Participant

    Cool.
    In my experience, this is so accurate. I used to have bad acne around my jawline and the scars and blemishes completely disappeared when I started shaving. In fact the skin where I have shaved is the healthiest looking. I would think this has to do with the same process, it causes microcuts when shaving with a razor to help make new skin.

    in reply to: Moxibustion: Direct vs Indirect #367
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    @Lexi, the best quality moxa usually comes from Korea, especially grown in a peninsula. It has a much darker colour, burns hotter and maintains its shape when burnt.

    in reply to: Pain at acupoints #298
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    when i do pull ups, then the next day, that whole area (LU1 region) feels sore, in a good way.

    • This reply was modified 11 years, 1 month ago by Quie Bian.
    in reply to: Modern medicine view of acupuncture #290
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    This is the perspective in a nutshell:

    funy acupuncture

    hahaha

    • This reply was modified 11 years, 1 month ago by Z. Reason: added picture instead of link that was previously there
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    I read something recently about how processed/sugary foods can cause glycation where the sugar binds to the proteins in your body and this basically a big contributor to ageing and inflammation. Apparently this is also in baby food.
    So yeah no doubt, sugar feeds inflammation in more than one way!

    Quie Bian
    Participant

    Yeah, I doubt there is a fast route to get the qualification itself, otherwise people would be going for that purely for the money. If you want the ‘Dr’ title however, why not just do a phd in something lol

    in reply to: Acupuncture for Acid Reflux – what points NOT to use? #229
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    @James , my mother pops those anti-acids as often as she drinks water :/ She won’t stick to that diet, but I dread to think of all the damage it has caused over the years.

    in reply to: How to practice needling in Acupuncture? What do you do? #219
    Quie Bian
    Participant

    @gabrielle1980
    If you don’t have the skin-like models to needle, just about any surface similar to skin can do for practise e.g fruits like watermelons, apples and move to progressively tougher skins.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)