Anna K

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Zeavive Cream Reviews? anyone used it? #2108
    Anna K
    Participant

    Zeavive is approved by some dermatologists in their clinic in the UK, so there is no reason to doubt it. Just make sure you do a patch test on your skin where you only apply a small amount of the cream on your skin like arm or leg, and leave it for 24 hours to see if any reaction can happen (this applies to all topicals natural or otherwise).

    Anna K
    Participant

    neither are any use in terms of medically helping hair growth. i agree with the above comment in doing a regimen that will help support hair growth, those are the only real ways to get results in terms of health or beauty. rest is total nonesense.

    in reply to: How has everyone been? #1988
    Anna K
    Participant

    Been great, just treating more patients at the clinic, got my license last year.

    in reply to: Removing heat from Bladder? #1407
    Anna K
    Participant

    how have you diagnosed it? pulse diagnosis? what method did you use? you need to make sure it is heat in the bladder, otherwise you will damage and make it worse if you don’t know for sure.

    Generally we use fire bladder point to do this.

    in reply to: Drug Addication Recovery – can acupuncture help? #1190
    Anna K
    Participant

    I’ve helped a patient in the past suffering from drug related problems. From the sounds of it, it sounds like primarily psychological symptoms at this stage.
    Definitely though, insomnia and easing pain can definitely be treated by many acupuncturists.

    in reply to: process of acupuncture #518
    Anna K
    Participant

    How do the high street ones do it? I didnt know there was a difference.
    The one I went to just checked my pulse for a minute and then prescribed some herbs.

    in reply to: Chigong, Taichi, yoga – which one? #344
    Anna K
    Participant

    Hi @Lexi

    Just wanted to say I recently started tai chi classes in my local area and even that has helped my knees a lot! 🙂
    So whatever you decided to do, do it thoroughlyyy 😀

    in reply to: Modern medicine view of acupuncture #314
    Anna K
    Participant

    >.< I hate to say it but I actually thought it started off like that when I first started reading an acupuncture book. They said that when they fought wars with spears, some people had their disease cured from it!!
    It’s like “oh, you just healed my gout by poking that spear here!”

    in reply to: Acupuncture for Anxiety #307
    Anna K
    Participant

    @Z I know this is a basic question, but would moxibustion be only useful in certain cases because i read online that it is used mainly for ‘cold’ conditions?

    in reply to: Modern medicine view of acupuncture #289
    Anna K
    Participant

    I have also noticed a hint of arrogance whenever it comes to alternative medicine, but one thing that can be done is to increase the standard of acupuncture, so that not any Tom, Dick or Harry can obtain a license. This includes current healthcare professionals. If the quality is better, results would be better and then it will also be more respected.

    in reply to: Free Acupuncture in London – Limited Spaces #258
    Anna K
    Participant

    That sounds excitingg, I’ll definitely drop an email soon – thank you!

    in reply to: Relationship between blood and zang organs #227
    Anna K
    Participant

    I mean medically speaking, the bone marrow is where blood is created so there should be a fairly strong link to the kidneys in TCM…

    in reply to: How to practice needling in Acupuncture? What do you do? #225
    Anna K
    Participant

    Mine just keeps bending when I try to insert in the softer areas and I am sure it is quite painful for others if I were to needle them.

    in reply to: How to practice needling in Acupuncture? What do you do? #212
    Anna K
    Participant

    I’ve played around with some needles (under supervision ofcourse!), I just cannot get over how hard it is to shove a needle inside me. It is not that painful and yet I just can’t seem to do it as well as I would on someone else! 🙁
    Has anyone felt this?

    in reply to: East vs West- compatibility or contradiction? #211
    Anna K
    Participant

    Yes, I can see why, so little understanding of ‘the other side’ I suppose.
    She is doing better, although if I am honest I don’t think the medicine helped much but she was pleased with the treatment 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)